A STEAM-tastic Weekend at Atria
This school holiday , let your child explore their passion and experience fun learning through various challenges of STEAM (Science, Technology, Engineering, Art and Mathematics).
Event Date: 30 – 31 March 2019
30 March 2019 - 10.30am – 6.00pm
31 March 2019 – 10.30am – 6.00pm
@ Centre Court, Ground Floor
Last registration is at 4.00pm for both days. Estimated duration to complete 7 challenges: Approximately 2 hours.
Complete 7 STEAM-tastic challenges within a day and walk home with 7 personalised products worth RM100, vouchers worth RM28 and a certificate!*
* T&Cs apply.
RM53 each child
(Open for kids aged 4 – 12 only)
Limited slots available so don’t miss out!
Register now @ https://bit.ly/2BUL14e or drop us a personal message @fb.com/atriadj
Please refer to all the T&Cs listed at the bottom of this page.
List of STEAM challenges:
- 3D Doodle -
Doodle your creative design and create amazing 3D art work on the 3D Doodle Pen using biodegradable materials. Once your artwork is completed, you can form and build it into a two or three dimensional piece, designed by YOU.
- Flying Bat Straw Rocket -
This STEAM activity is super easy and lots of fun for kids of all ages. This bat activity for kids makes a great project for party and also is the perfect extension activity to go with a bat unit.
- Paper Circuit -
Let your creativity synergize with science as you build and light up with simple and fun circuitry using only LED lights, craft and battery. With simple steps, your craft will light up! This is a fun project for everyone to learn basic electronic engineering.
- DIY Perfume -
This was an incredibly easy sensory activity for kids in terms of set-up, but it provided so many great sensory and fine motor opportunities. Just a simple perfume formula by using essential oils and water.
- DIY Pipe Cleaner Bubble Wands -
Using pipe cleaners is a fun way to make your own bubble wands in a variety of shapes and it’s easy to add “bling” like beads to spice them up. Now you can use the bubble potions with your beautiful beaded bubble wands for a play date or as a party activity.
- DIY LED Blinking Plasticine -
Kids will learn how to create their plasticine design and incorporate simple functional electronic components and achieve a working light circuit.
- Catapult -
These activities provide an exciting education platform for everyone to Innovate, Invent, Explore and Expand creative technology via some elements from STE(A)M education.
Participants will have the opportunity to experience and interact with elements from Electronics, Biology & Chemistry, Arts & Crafts to 3D Printing Technology & many more through this exciting activity.
“STE(A)M means SCIENCE, TECHNOLOGY, ENGINEERING, ARTS & MATHEMATICS”
What is STE(A)M?
STE(A)M is an educational approach to learning that uses Science, Technology, Engineering, Arts and Mathematics as access points for guiding student inquiry, dialogue and critical thinking.
STE(A)M-based programmes take an integrated approach to learning and teaching, which requires an intentional connection between curriculum learning objectives, standards, assessments, and lesson design/implementation.
STE(A)M learning applies meaningful maths, science, and technology content to solve real-world problems through hands-on learning activities and creative design.
STE(A)M is more than just the traditional science technology engineering arts and maths subjects on their own they're opportunities where subjects combine to form interesting new subjects such as bio engineering and biotechnology.
Benefits of STE(A)M learning: -
Students who participate in STE(A)M learning
- Think outside the box
- Feel safe to express innovative and creative ideas
- Feel comfortable doing hands-on learning
- Work collaboratively with others
- Understand the ways that science, maths, the arts and technology work together
- Become increasingly curious about the world around them and feel empowered to change it for the better
What is Atria STEAM-tastic Weekend?
Atria STEAM-tastic Weekend is a weekend of STEAM (Science, Technology, Engineering, Art and Mathematics) exploration open to children ages 4 to 12 only to be held in Atria Shopping Gallery from 30 to 31 March 2019 (10.30 am - 6.00 pm) at Ground Floor, Centre Court.
Participants who completes all challenges within one day will receive a certificate of participation from the Organiser.
How To Enter?
Interested parent/guardian (“the Applicant”) is required to apply online by logging on to: http://www.ticket2u.com.my (“Website”), complete the online registration form and select the participating date (either 30 or 31 March 2019 or both) and make the payment of RM53 per day (“the Fee”) through the Website by 10pm on 29 March 2019. All fields that are marked mandatory must be completed.
All successful application will be notified by the Organiser vide email and phone call.
Terms and Conditions
1. All participants are required to register their attendance at the Ground Floor, Centre Court of Atria Shopping Gallery before participation. Last registration has to be done by 4pm for both days.
2. All participants are required to adhere to the instructions given by the Organiser, its agents and/or its representatives throughout the participation in the Atria STEAM-tastic Weekend.
3. Atria Shopping Gallery Sdn Bhd (“the Organiser”) has the sole and absolute discretion to accept or reject any application without any obligation to give any reason to the Applicant.
4. In the event any of the application is rejected, the Fee paid will be refunded to the Applicant within 30 days from the date of the notice of such rejection.
5. No refund shall be made once the application is accepted by the Organiser save and except where expressly provided for herein.
6. The Organiser reserves the right to cancel, postpone or suspend the Atria STEAM-tastic Weekend without any obligation to give any reason to the Applicant. Such cancellation, postponement or suspension (if any) will be made known by way of notice posted on the Atria Official Website () or at the Official Facebook Fans Page (fb.com/atriadj) or vide email or such other form as the Organiser may decide and the Applicant is deemed to have due notice of the same. In such event, the Organiser shall have the sole and absolute discretion whether or not to refund the Fees or any part thereof to the Applicants.
7. The Organiser reserves the right to change the programme or activities/challenges organised without any obligation to give any reason to the Applicant. Such changes will be made known by way of notice posted on the Atria Official Website () or at the Official Facebook Fans Page (fb.com/atriadj) or vide email or such other form as the Organiser may decide and the Applicant is deemed to have due notice of the same.
8. The Organiser reserves the right to amend and/or vary the terms and conditions for the Atria STEAM-tastic Weekend as the Organiser deems fit without any obligation to give any reason to the Applicant and any amendments/variations will be made known by way of notice posted on the Atria Official Website () or at the Official Facebook Fans Page (fb.com/atriadj) or vide email or such other form as the Organiser may decide and the Applicant is deemed to have due notice of the same.
9. The Organiser reserves the right to remove any participant from further participation in the event the Organiser is of the sole opinion:-
a. That the participant is physically or mentally unfit or appears to be physically or mentally unfit or incapable of continuing/completing the challenges;
b. That the participant or its parent/guardian has been obstructing or is involved in acts of nuisance and/or aggression during the Atria STEAM-tastic Weekend; and/or
c. That the participant or its parent/guardian has not comply with any rules and regulations as may be set by the Organiser and/or their sponsors or agents from time to time during the Atria STEAM-tastic Weekend.
10. The Organiser’s decision on all matters relating to the Atria STEAM-tastic Weekend shall be final and binding and no further correspondence or attempt to dispute such decision will be entertained.
11. While all reasonable care will be exercised by the Organiser throughout the Atria STEAM-tastic Weekend, the Organiser shall not be held liable for any loss and/or damages to the participant’s and/or parent/guardian’s properties and/or injury caused to the participant. The Applicant expressly releases and holds the Organiser, their sponsors, employees, agents and representatives harmless from any liability of whatsoever arising from and out of the Atria STEAM-tastic Weekend.
12. The Applicant irrevocably and unconditionally indemnify and keep the Organiser, its sponsors, employees, agents and representatives indemnified from and against all losses and expenses suffered or incurred arising from any claim by any party arises from and out of the Atria STEAM-tastic Weekend.
For any general enquiries pertaining to the Atria STEAM-tastic Weekend, please contact:
Atria Management Office: 03-7733 5156 (Office hour only)
Email: [email protected]